Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Sony Open in Hawaii... This is the 15th hole of the Waialae Country Club Golf Course ( I know you can't see much of the course but the sky was much nicer than just green grass) today was the first day of the Sony Open... The course is down the street so I thought I would head over after 5:30 since you can park on the street and see what I could find.... Plus by then they won't take your camera away.. :) :)
I do not golf!!
So here are the few things I learned about golf.. NO Cameras Allowed.. No cell phones Allowed .. You walk a lot..that makes me wonder why everyone is not tiny and thin!! Hmmmm.... You really can not see much happening so you should just watch it on TV. ...No Cameras Allowed!!! (geeeesh) .... There is a certain golf clap... a quite quick "clap clap clap" even if they didn't make par ( how silly is that)!! Tickets are expensive so you should just peer thru the fence from the sidewalk. ... No one smiles much ..... Lots of expensive photo gear with awesome lenses but you need a cute pass hanging from your neck to get to bring your camera in!! ... Golf is a quite game... no moving, talking or clapping when they hold up the sign "QUITE PLEASE"....... shhhhhh!! ....... Tons of people love golf and wonder aimlessly around with paper in their hands trying to figure out who is going to appear next... and balls fly out of now where.... I am sure that the athletes competing in the Sony Open are beyond awesome .. Good luck to them all! But me.. I do not golf... :) :)

8 comments:

Willard said...

Wow, those are some excellent photographs. I liked your commentary about the golf and cameras not being permitted too!

Tom said...

Stunning pictures, both the Sky shots are awesome.
I am also very drawn to the picture of te barrels..:O)

Blue Wave 707 said...

The rewards of getting up early! :-) Nice shot! Look at those clouds! Ooh!

I too do not golf either ...

photowannabe said...

I love your commentery Renee. That would be my feelings exactly. I don't golf either. All the hoopla seems rather silly to me. Your picture of the sky and clouds far exceeds the celebrities.
Check out my son's blog today. He has such a fascinating photo of a dragonfly.
http://themapper.blogspot.com/

Annie said...

And me, I do not golf either, though my husband wishes I would. He's crazy for the game. He's watching on TV right now.

Kerri Farley said...

This is Hilarious! I love to WATCH golf....but I am not a participant. You decribed it PERFECTLY!

And you picture is Stunning!!

Coy Hill said...

Stunning shot!

As for golf, no camera, no me!

imac said...

Nice posts, with great photography and good story.

slowly catching up and recovering

New Steam post up now.