Thursday, June 28, 2007


The Center for Korean Studies at the University of Hawaii - Manoa Campus.
The buildings that house the Center for Korean Studies were designed by two Korean architects, Chong In-guk and Na Sang-gi, with modifications and final blueprints by two Hawai'i architects, Jo Paul Rognstad and Vernon Kim. Ground was broken for the start of construction on July 1, 1974. The building was completed in December 1979. An extensive exterior renovation was carried out from 1998 to 2001. Above is some of the detail in the top portion of the building. The designs and colors are amazing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great colors on both of these. The composition in the top one has a really nice feel to it.

Blue Wave 707 said...

I had a class in that building in the mid-80s, but I had not stopped to check the intracasies of the architecture nor the artwork. I had 10 minutes to walk across the UHM campus to get to that class, and another 10 minutes to get to the class after.

Great shots of the architecture & colors!

photowannabe said...

Beautiful and breathtaking colors. They just blend in with all the gorgeous Hawaiian landscapes.
Pure eye candy.

Steve Buser said...

Such vivid colors and sharp designs.

kuanyin333 said...

Ah so, another Hawaiian photoblogger! I just discovered you--I like the fisheye effect!

M. CHRISTOPHE said...

Thank you for your comment on my photo blog.
I'm very happy to discover your land through your lense...your blog is listed from mime in my favorits.

Good Week End

Ele ^_^ said...

Wonderful colors.. Great composition! ^^