Saturday, July 21, 2007

Prince Lot Hula Festival- Moanaulua Gardens -
Photo of Halau "Pupukahi I Ke Alo O Na Pua" Kumu Hula Michael Casupang. With a little artsy feel to it :) :)

A little about the Festival that I found ..........Prince Lot, who later became Kamehameha V, King of Hawaii from 1863 to 1872, was noted for his energy and strength of will. One of his interests was to promote and preserve Hawaiian culture, especially the hula. He did this by holding hula performances at his cottage in Moanalua.
In appreciation of Prince Lot's efforts to preserve Hawaiian culture, the Prince Lot Hula Festival was established in 1978. Each year na halau (hula schools) come to the festival to perform at Moanalua Gardens in Honolulu

6 comments:

Jeff said...

Nice effect Renee. It took me a moment to figure out what you did.

Annie said...

How DID you do this photo. I'm not as quick as jeff, haven't figured it out yet. Mirrors?

Blue Wave 707 said...

Looks like spot focus with an extra soft filter? Cool! It is very artsy! I like it! :-)

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Great effect. You'll have to share your secret!

photowannabe said...

I thought it was Christmas tree ornaments on a tree at first. but wow, after studying it, I really like what I saw. the sunlit highlights on the dancers is spectacular. I have been to several Hula Festivals in the San Francisco Bay Area and thought they were so much fun and such a pleasure to watch.

Annie said...

Renee, you are too that good.